As the project develops we will be hosting a series of conferences at UCL and KU Leuven to discuss the latest developments in the field of guided instrumentation for fetal therapy and surgery, for researchers, academics, and clinicians. Our team will also be active in presenting papers at other academic conferences of relevance. If you would like to be notified of details of upcoming conference related events and activities, please Join our Mailing List.
IFMSS / FMF Word Congress 2015
Professor Sebastien Ourselin, (Principle Investigator, GIFT-Surg) will be delivering a keynote presentation at the International Fetal and Medicine and Surgery Society Annual Conference and the Fetal Medicine Foundation World Congress on Sunday 21st June 2015. The conference will be held in Crete, Greece.
CRAS 2015 – Joint Workshop on New Technologies for Computer/Robot Assisted Surgery
Professor Sebastien Ourselin was a keynote speaker at the 5th Joint Workshop for Computer/Robot Assisted Surgery on Fri 11 Sept 2015. Read his Abstract: From Image-guided Neurosurgery to Intrauterine Intervention.
Congratulations to the following authors who won 3rd prize at the workshop for their paper:
“Design and Validation of Pneumatically Actuated Fetoscope”: Alain Devreker, Benoit Rosa, Jun Qian, Tom Vercauteren, Sebastien Ourselin, Emmanuel Vander Poorten and Dominiek Reynaerts
Congratulations to the research team at GIFT-Surg who have had papers accepted for presentation at the 18th International Conference on Medical Imaging Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention (MICCAI).
MICCAI is an international conference for world-leading scientists, engineers and clinicians in the Medical Imaging field. Those involved will be prestenting their research papers relating to work on GIFT-Surg at the Conference Proceedings in Munich this October.
The full details of the accepted papers are as follows:
- “Slic-Seg: Slice-by-slice Segmentation Propagation of the Placenta in Fetal MRI using One-plane Scribbles and Online Learning” by Guotai Wang ,Maria Zuluaga, Rosalind Pratt, Michael Aertsen, Anna David, Jan Deprest, Tom Vercauteren, Sebastien Ourselin
- “A Registration Approach to Endoscopic Laser Speckle Contrast Imaging for Intrauterine Visualisation of Placental Vessels” by Gustavo Sato dos Santos, Efthymios Maneas, Daniil Nikitichev, Anamaria Barburas, Anna L. David, Jan Deprest, Adrien Desjardins, Tom Vercauteren, Sebastien Ourselin
- “Interventional photoacoustic imaging of the human placenta with ultrasonic tracking for minimally invasive fetal surgeries” by Wenfeng Xia, Efthymios Maneas, Daniil Nikitichev, Charles Mosse, Gustavo Sato dos Santos, Tom Vercauteren, Anna David, Jan Deprest, Sebastien Ourselin, Paul Beard, Adrien Desjardins
The Hamlyn Symposium on Medical Robotics is being held in London, 20-23 June 2015.
- “Practical Dry Calibration With Medium Adaptation For Fluid-Immersed Endoscopy” by François Chadebecq, Tom Vercauteren, Ruwan Wimalasundera, George Attilakos, Anna David, Jan Deprest, Sébastien Ourselin, Danail Stoyanov
- “Adaptive Filtering of Fibre-optic Fetoscopic Images for Fetal Surgery” by Efthymios Maneas, Gustavo Sato dos Santos, Jan Deprest, Ruwan Wimalasundera, Anna L. David, Tom Vercauteren, and Sébastien Ourselin